neutering Male rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxviroxx1

Reaction score
Last time I went to my vets, she told me theirs no rush to neuter simba unless I'm getting unwanted behaviour, well only unwanted isusse is he's started spraying. He's seems in perfect health but it's only been the last week or so I've noticed it.

So I'll be calling the vets to get him booked in.

I no my vets are rabbit savvy

But what do I need to make sure they do? Could any tell me the basic so what I should expect and what I shouldn't? Like will he need meds after?

Sorry to bother you all x

Oh thank you!! Yes it's mighty unpleasant, I was going to leave him for a year but I'm going to bite the bullet but at least this mean I can also get him a girlfriend from a rescue after a few months.

I want to get a old lady to have a forever home to see out there days x

Praying everything goes well!!
Neutering was the best thing I did for Andy. Andy never sprayed, but would always circle and hump my arms and legs :/

Now he's a happy little bunny! :D

Neutering is a very good idea, my bun actually never started humping or spraying or being aggressive but some buns can develop that behaviour... After the op he's going to be very grumpy and will probably flick a lot but just make sure he has some nice food by him and let him repair. Don't let him run around too much for a bit too just incase it pulls the stitches.. Took Taco only a few days before he felt a bit better. :)

Back