Neutering Adults

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateej94

Reaction score
My bunnies are 1 and 4 years old, father and son. I'm no longer breeding, but I love my boys so I want to spoil them even more now. Father is 3, almost 4, and son is almost 1 (10m right now). The dad is SO sweet, and has shown little to no dominant behavior. He was always a sweetheart with his babies and I had/have no fear of him harming any of them. His son, on the other hand, is the opposite. He is so sweet with people, dogs, cats.. basically everyone but his dad.

Eventually, if I got them both neutered would bonding be an option for them? I'd love to build them a larger enclosure outside together and I want to keep them inside since their smell should improve too (correct?).

To start off, if I neutered only the dominant male at first, do you guys think that would work? My older boy is SO friendly and shows no dominant behavior toward his son. I want to be able to bond them but I can't neuter them both yet.

Any and all thoughts, experiences and opinions welcome!
IMG_20180727_074508_381.jpg (son)IMG_20180321_162713_694.jpg (Dad)

Latest posts

Back