Neutered Male Lionhead Cross - Calgary, AB

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rescuemom

Reaction score
I have a friend who has a young(just over a year old, I believe), neutered, male Lionhead mix rabbit. He's a very cute rabbit. She loves him dearly, however, he's appearing to not do well with her six year old son(who is a very gentle, very well behaved boy and has never caused the bunny any harm) and seems to be showing signs of territorial, and sometimes aggressive behavior towards him. She has tried to get them used to one another again, as her rabbit used to be fine with him, but it seems that over time, he has bonded solely with her and she's afraid of him attacking her son.

So, not getting into arguments, and just letting you know the story, her rabbit is absolutely adorable, neutered, comes with everything - all she wants for him is a good home! She wants to find him a good, loving him, that will take proper care of him and love him lots. She is considering taking him to Petland, and hoping they can find him a home(I urged her NOT to do this!) for her.

Her heart is broken, but she feels it is the best thing.

He comes with his cage, his name is Hop-Along Cassidy. I've attached some photos. If anyone can help or is looking for a new addition, please consider Hop-Along.

You can message me on here if you're interested.

Thank you.

295422_10150667870512226_2108885751_n.jpg

399077_10150668371542226_508058816_n.jpg

301891_10150667870417226_23915988_n.jpg

Has she tried maybe putting him in an x-pen where he won't feel so confined? The problem is being territorial, right? It's not an overly big space for him so he may not appreciate little fingers being shoved in. Why not just have him in a room that is away from the child?

I would hate to see another homeless bunny in Calgary, we get e-mails nearly every day with surrenders :( Hopefully she doesn't take him to a Petland, it wouldn't be a good environment for him. Where did she get him?

She got him as an 'adopt' from Petland, already neutered. Makes me think he was originally bought then surrendered back to Petland once before.

Unfortunately, she is pregnant with another baby and doesn't have the space in her home to do an x-pen type cage, and actually has his cage door open constantly, with him having free roam of the room that is soon to be her daughters, but he still goes after her son. She's fairly set in that he needs to find a new home, she lacks the energy to keep up with him now too, especially as her pregnancy is very high risk and she's supposed to be on strict bedrest.

I'd take him, but I already have one bunny, two dogs, a snake, and a four month old baby, so I've already got my own hands full. :(

The Market Mall Petland does a thing where they fix them before selling them, we've gotten a few surrenders from people who buy from there.

Poor little dude, hopefully he goes somewhere good.

I'm hoping that she can find him a rabbit-savvy home. If anyone has any suggestions for how to go about finding one, feel free to give me tips, or suggestions!

Latest posts

Back