Neutered Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can anything be done?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jadinee_.xo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a fully neutered bunny now. He’s recovered from it but it hasn’t made him calm down. He is still really naughty and aggressive. Is there anything anyone knows as to why it hasn’t calmed him down. His hormones are all over the place still, he’s always biting & scratching me and the family.
He’s so energetic and sometimes an angry bunny. I’m just wondering when he will calm down just like my other bunny and become abit more manageable :)

How old is he, and long has it been? It can take quite a long time for the hormones to fully leave his system!

And just to be fair, "biting" and "scratching" can be playful behavior in rabbits, not necessarily aggressive. He may be telling you he likes you and wants to play!

He will be 7months old on the 5th of this month and he was neutered on the 01st July. I’ve googled how long it takes for them to fully leave his system and I spoke to his vet.
Also, it’s aggressive biting as he’s left me with a few bruises from where hes bitten me. With his scratching also he digs in the garden but at the minute my neighbour has two girl rabbits and they keep coming into the garden so I can’t let my boys out. When he scratches he draws blood even though his nails get cut and looked after :)

I try to let my bunnies out as much as I can but my neighbours bunnies come into the garden and they don’t get along. I try to spend time with them 1-1 as much as I can too as my boys (Reggie & Ronnie) don’t get along as they aren’t bonded so they cannot be together at the moment

Latest posts

Back