Neutered and not eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumper110814

Reaction score
My bunny Thumper just got neutered yesterday but he hasn't really want to eat or drink. He hasn't acted like himself. I thought it was because his surgery and still groggy. I woke up every 2 hours last night to make sure he drank a little water and gave him a bite of banana... But other than that he doesn't want any of his favorites parsley and kale... It's been 24 hours and I'm freaking out. His incision looks fine but a little swelling. I called the vet to get him critical care and pain med. What else should I do? View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1432067761.463135.jpg

Calling the vet and getting pain meds and critical care is exactly what you needed to do. You will need to syringe feed until he starts eating on his own. If he is used to eating leafy greens, that is what my rabbits will usually eat first after a neuter. Also important to keep him warm if his ears feel really cold, as it can be difficult for them to maintain a good body temp after having anesthesia.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/opcare.html

Latest posts

Back