Neuter wound open?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to update: he is doing well. Off his meds now and no change in behaviour. If anything he seems more affectionate than before the neuter. Spraying behaviour is abating. He explored his kitchen litter box before peeing on the floor... a step in the right direction, I guess (in his cage, he's perfectly litter trained!)

His wound looks good! My vet suggested it might be a seroma and to keep an eye on it. It has kind of dried out now, and may slough off eventually with new skin underneath. No sign of infection! I think I'm out of the woods. Phew!!!

That´s such good news and good to see he´s settling down. After having a champion sprayer before his neuter, I am pleased to say that with Houdini, it completely stopped after, the difference was amazing.

I am sure you will notice the difference over the next few weeks after his hormones settle.

The empty sacs kind of shrivel up and disappear after a while, so the strange-looking thing may go away as part of that. Glad to know he's doing well.

Latest posts

Back