neuter worry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
herman was fixed 5 days ago, on one testical there is a scab the size of a pencil ereaser, and it is swollen, but there is no redness, no soreness (well, he will let me touch it. . .so i take that as he isn't to sore down there), and he is eating and drinking.

i want to let him out of his cage for a bit (the vet said that jumping around might not be the best for him for a few days), will he be okay? is this normal or should i be worried about this? is there anything i should put on it? if it gets worse looking, or if the swelling hasn't decreased by monday i am calling the vet (just to be safe), but can i let him out today for a while?

katie

We let our boys out to run about 2 days after their surgery...we just watched to make sure they weren't jumping up on things!! They seemed a lot happier to get out and scoot around a bit!:) I know our vet only has restrictions for the first 7 days after a neuter so I think at 5 daysHerman should be fine!! He'd probably enjoy a bit of exercise! Just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't over do it!:D

You might want to take a peek at the incision afterwards just to make sure everything is OK!! But I don't think there is anything to worry about at this point!;)

katt wrote:
on one testical there is a scab the size of a pencil ereaser, and it is swollen, but there is no redness, no soreness
Is it soft and puffy. Or is it harden dry skin?

Talk to your Vet to see if an infection has occurred.

Rainbows :?

it is not hard, dry skin, but it isn't the puffiest skin either, it feels firm. . .li don't know if that makes since, but it is hard, but not ROCK hard. . . i am wondering if i am see the early stages of an infection.

i think i am just going to watch it for the rest of the weekend, if it gets more swollen, starts to ooze, breaks open and bleeds, or becomes red, or if herman stops eating or drinking or starts to majorly grind his teeth, i will call the emergency line. . .but i don't want to call the vet up on a sat. for simply and aggrevated incision. . . i think at this point he is okay.

Latest posts

Back