Neuter and personality change?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahrat

Reaction score
I have a two year old mutt bun. I took him in from a friend, who raised him lovely. He has an amazing personality. He's very cuddly, gives kisses. But he does act "like a diva" as my roommate would put it. He circles me when getting food, and will even thump at me if I'm not doing it quick enough. He's an excessive burrower, but only on my bed. When when he has his own. Plus a dig box. Plus his own blanket. Plus random rags placed around in hopes of deterring the digging on my pillows. It has not worked.
I'm now starting to think of the neuter. But part of me is afraid of losing his spunky side. The cuddling is awesome, and I like when he's lovey, but honestly, my fondest memories of him being kind of a diva.
I'd like to hear some input from people that have had their male buns neutered and how vast the personality change is. I had a cat who was the exact opposite of what she used to be after a spay, and I don't want to lose my spunky bun.
Also, is his age an issue? He's 2-3 roughly, the girl I got him from had him from a tiny bun. So it's pretty accurate. I know it's better to get it done young. My vet was telling me if I was thinking of doing it to decide soon because of age related risks down the line. He's a healthy bun, only one stasis scare, but he recovered amazingly and quickly. What's too old for a neuter?

Latest posts

Back