Nethie or Polish?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty88

Reaction score
So I will most likely be getting a new rescue dwarf in the next week or so. I've been gathering supplies and making all my preparations and I think I'm as close to ready as I'm gonna get. I'm going to get him/her fixed and then attempt to bond them to Kashi, as they're going to be living side by side and getting used to eachother for a few months. (I already have a girl name picked out, but NO ONE IS GETTING A DEFINITIVE NAME UNTIL THEY'VE BEEN CHECKED AND CHECKED AGAIN BY A VET. I'm not getting surprised like THAT again. The odds of getting two bilaterally cryptorchid males are slim to none, right?)

The funny thing is that I actually pretended to consider taking him/her in. Within ten minutes of my friend Vinny emailing me about it and sending me a picture, I had addeda new food bowl to my Drs. Foster and Smith. But in my head, I was still mulling it over, you know? LOL.

So now, not that it matters, I'm really wondering which breed the little guy/gal is. I only have one kinda dark picture, so this is gonna be tough. Also, do dwarfs tend to have smaller dewlaps or something? I don't think I've seen any pictures of prominent Nethie or Polish dewlaps.

0326111449-1.jpg

Ugh. I didn't even think about checking out colors. *facepalm*

The weird thing is, the guy that contacted my friend about it said the bunny was gray. And its pretty obviously agouti in the picture.

It's alright. People who don't know their colors often times have a hard time describing them, especially agoutis. I've even heard them called brown.

I've never even had a dwarf before. It's going to be quite an adjustment after handling my 8 pound goofus everyday. Lol!

I can't wait! It's going to be such a new experience. XD my friend has a lionhead and everytime I hold him I'm shocked at how tiny he is, and this little guy is at least a pound and a half lighter!

Latest posts

Back