Netherland Dwarf Picture updates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewlingcricket

Reaction score
Rabbit Tree's Autumn dob: 10/13/10 age: 7 weeks

12828_021825_060000001.jpg

Rabbit Tree's Skye dob: 10/13/10 age: 7 weeks

12828_021825_070000002.jpg

Rabbit Tree's Tiana dob: 09/08/10 age: 12 weeks

12828_021825_080000003.jpg

RTE-3 dob: 09/08/10 age: 12 weeks

12828_021825_090000004.jpg

other updates coming soon. Have a great week

Thanks! We are really pleased with how they are coming along. They are blue otters. I am obsessed with the otters, as well as solid blues and chocolates.. Well in Netherland dwarfs anyway, with my lionheads I am hung up on the torts, sable points, and BEWs. :)

Autumn and Skye do not look like blue otters to me... they look like opals!

Do they have any chestnut or opal in their background?

mom is a chestnut, dad is a blue and both have otter in their background. I know both babies are otters (creamy tummy, mark on nect, ect.... So they look more like opal otters than blue?

mewlingcricket wrote:
mom is a chestnut, dad is a blue and both have otter in their background. I know both babies are otters (creamy tummy, mark on nect, ect.... So they look more like opal otters than blue?
They are most likely opals if their mom isa chestnut and dad is blue. Their color is diluted(blue)chestnut, called opal.

Wow, I have never heard of opal otters. Interesting. Dad is a blue, but when he was little no one could tell if he was a blue or lilac and he had white tips on his fur. They ended up calling him a frost tipped lilac. when he reached 6 months and molted out of his baby fur, it came in blue with no tipping or confusion. I just assumed they had the same blue/frost tipped thing going on and that they would grow out of it. They are pretty either way.

mewlingcricket wrote:
Wow, I have never heard of opal otters. Interesting. Dad is a blue, but when he was little no one could tell if he was a blue or lilac and he had white tips on his fur. They ended up calling him a frost tipped lilac. when he reached 6 months and molted out of his baby fur, it came in blue with no tipping or confusion. I just assumed they had the same blue/frost tipped thing going on and that they would grow out of it. They are pretty either way.

There is no such color as "opal otters." Chestnuts have white/creamy tummies and marks on the back of their necks too. The color of your babies is simply called "opal."

I had a blue otter that looked like he had the frosty tips when he was younger too. It was just his baby fur.

And I must say, Tiana looks very very good! :)

okay feel foolish now. I just looked eveything up and realized you are right. I believe they are opals. I had never seen them and somehow missed the details when I was looking in the Netherland guide book. Thanks for the help, I would have felt twice as foolish had I tried to show them as otters in the future. duh me (LOL)

Latest posts

Back