Netherland Dwarf Coloring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bramble Briar86

Reaction score
A good breeder i've used before has these available:

Does:

• Black
  • Himy
  • Sable Pt.
Bucks:

• Black (same litter as black/himy does above)
  • two mismarked-chestnutw/ a white paw and black w/ white toes and white snip on his head.
If I buy one of the mismarked and match it with the correct colored doe am I still going to produce a good % of correctly colored animals?

Thanks in advance!

Ellie

Bramble Briar86 wrote:
A good breeder i've used before has these available:

Does:

• Black
  • Himy
  • Sable Pt.
Bucks:

• Black (same litter as black/himy does above)
  • two mismarked-chestnutw/ a white paw and black w/ white toes and white snip on his head.
If I buy one of the mismarked and match it with the correct colored doe am I still going to produce a good % of correctly colored animals?

Thanks in advance!

Ellie

I don't recommend messing with any mismarks. Those white markings came haunt you for many generations.

Pam

Thanks again, Pam!

So the only other options for me would be to buy a brother and sister...should I stay away from this or just pick either the black or the himy that best compliments the black buck?

Ellie

I wouldn't use the siblings. The black & sable point would be the only option that is left. How is the type on them?

Pam

They are just weanlings---she said she's taking pictures tomorrow to post on her for sale website. I looked over herother juniorsof netherlands. They had nice, compact bodies with good shoulder, broad heads and short, well-filled ears with good bone in the front legs and big eyes! She has some otters that are too young to be sexed, but i'm afriad that by the time I wait to look at the otters, the other does/bucks will be sold.

So....I think i'm going to wait for pictures on the sable and black and if I don't like them i'll hunt around for another good rabbitry. I'm not going to settle for medium quality rabbits like i usually do because there's not rabbits available when i'd like them to be.

I could also PM you the link to her website if you'd like to look at hernethies :)

Ellie

Latest posts

Back