Netherland dwarf bunny has what feels like a tumor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabriellanorton2006

Reaction score
My netherland dwarf seems to have gained a little bit of weight and she is with other boys so I was thinking she could be pregnant but she has been like this for over a month and I dont think she is pregnant right below her rib cage I felt a pretty big bump and it is in the inside it doesnt look any different from the outside but you can feel it. Does anybody Know why this could be? Could this be the cause for her not getting pregnant yet?

Tumor is possible if you are truly feeling something is enlarged or abnormal in there. Other possibilities could be an abscess, enlarged liver or a hernia(depending on location of 'bump'). A full stomach is also possible if it's just under the ribs, and it was right after eating/drinking, and if you could no longer feel the bump later on a while after eating.

But if the 'bump' is still there and you think something is going on, it would be best to get your rabbit into a knowledgeable rabbit vet for xrays, to determine what might be the cause.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
I'll also urge you to separate your rabbits so unplanned litters don't occur. Also you mention her being with 'other boys'. If you have unneutered male rabbits over the age of 12 weeks together, they really need to be separated immediately before a fight breaks out and injuries occur. Intact male rabbits will almost always end up in fights, and these fights can result in very serious injuries, or even be fatal.

Latest posts

Back