Netherland colors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
Okay, I 'accidently' ended up coming home with a little Netherland dwarf doe. While I'm learning body type, I wanted to share her and see what people thought of her. She's still a junior:

DSCN2388.jpg

Her parents don't have their pedigrees- they were lost, so All I konw is she's out of a black silver Marten dam, and a black otter buck.

I was thinking of finding her a mate and maybe working with a small herd of Nethies with my larger herd of Dutch. I'm looking at a blue buck, blue silver marten and an Opal.

Opinions??

Her ears are a touch long for me but nicely opened. I would like to see a bigger head on her. Maybe a little long in the shoulders but nice depth overall. If you pick the opal try not to go outside of the agouti gene and get shadeds also. Either pick agouti or shadeds. I would pick the blue marten if he is good enough. Do you have a face view for her?

I'm leaning quite heavily on the blue- he's out of a black otter dam, I'd have to look up my little girl's father again(the buck would be fully pedigreed).

I talked to her breeder real quick today, as she's behind on things from having to hand rear a Chi puppy. She said she's about 10 weeks old. I measured her ears today too, they're sittingjust under1 3/4 inch. So she's still young and has time to still grow, I think she might grow outside show size.

Here's her face shot, I have a shot from her topside as well(okay it's not great, I was moving and trying to catch my silly dutch buck who was running about!), it shows scattered white hairs on her ears which aren't there without the flash.

DSCN2419.jpg

DSCN2420.jpg

and just for shits and giggles, here's the buck I had running around the barn:

DSCN2415.jpg

definitely would love to see more width between her eyes and in her muzzle. I agree with the blue then sorry from my phone she looked like a marten :)

I hope shaded nights rabbitry can come on here and give you a thorough critique

Latest posts

Back