Nesting Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My rescue rabbit is pregnant. Based on her exposure to a male, I’m calculating she’s due in less than a week. She has been furiously digging and arranging her blankets and hay. My concern is there seems to be no method to her madness. She just makes big messes and doesn’t seem to be building a proper nest. She’s obsessed with digging and scooting her blankie around. But the nesting box I gave her today was nicely layered and a bunch of hay on top for her to arrange how she wanted. She emptied the entire box all over. Now I’m concerned that she won’t choose the nesting box to kindle in. Will she likely get it together before the big day? I have provided different nesting materials so she had options. And I also had the pregnancy confirmed, so I know it’s not pseudo.

What I did with my lionhead was brush out some of her hair and put it in her nest sort of as a hint and so she didn’t have to pull as much. She never had any litters outside the nest box. :)

Back