Nesting Box Suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel17

Reaction score
I need some suggestions of what to use for a nesting box since I only have one metal one that is in use right now and my sister thought it would be cool to let all my rabbits run around the yard, which now I have several rabbits that are going to have kits, and no nesting box to give them. Yes, I have tried a shoe box, but my rabbits kind of devoured them... Anyways any suggestions? I only have a week to make a decision on this, so please help.

If you have plenty of free time you could always make some nestboxes out of wood. There are plans on the internet on how to make one. I believe some have used plastic tubs in a pinch.

I have considered that, which I am planning on making some in the near future, and thanks for the idea of the plastic tubes... do you know if like a liter bottle with the top cut off would work? And thanks for answering!

Actually, it should be a tub rather than a tube. You need a flat bottom for stability, like a plastic shoe box. Size just depends on what breed your bunnies are.

For bigger rabbits (French Lops) we use the plastic litter trays with the removable "frame" on top. That keeps everyone inside and mom has room to deliver and feed them.

Latest posts

Back