Nesting behavior?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
I don't know what's up with Peter and Bugs, but every year around this time, they start pulling the fringe off the floor pillows in our living room. They have made holes in the pillows, and pulled some stuffing out, too.

Does this sound like nesting behavior? They're neutered 4 year old boy rabbits. Seems odd, to me.

They're not eating any of this stuff, which is good!

Gordon

It might be just that spring is in the air. Mine all get super destructive when they feel spring, despite being fixed. Maybe they are just feeling all pent up which is leading to destruction?

Maybe that's all it is... just Spring vibes. They do seem more hyper alert in general this time of year. It's just funny, because they never go outside. They are completely indoor free roam house bunnies. I wouldn't think the change of seasons would affect them so much.

I too find it weird that my indoor buns are affected so muhc by the spring. My carpet was being torn up at 5.15am this morning, and last night some delightful bunnies were shredding the landing carpet. My inside ones seem to be worse than the outside ones to be honest.

I wonder why.

Latest posts

Back