Nesting at like 9 days pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
So my 3 or 4 year old bun , jasmine has been nesting when we only bred her on the 19th or something .
So its only been like 9 days , but she's pulling quite a lot of fur and spending quite a lot of time in her box hidey ( the fur was in her food bowl and all over the floor )

Hi, when was her previous litter and how many litters she had over past year? When she nursed last time?

Hi, when was her previous litter and how many litters she had over past year? When she nursed last time?
Um , last june .
She's only had one litter .

What do you mean by when she nursed last time?

Also , she doesn't have much energy and she ate some kind of polystirine materiel .
She will only eat veg ( lettuce ) if its right next to her , but she only ate a tiny bit.

She's been being syringe fed all week

She sounds sick. If she’s stopped eating and pooping, she needs to go to a vet as they will determine the cause and treatment for it. I don’t know why she’s nesting so early. Force feeding can be very stressful. What kind of lettuce have you been feeding? I would stick to a hay and pellet diet. Did you pair her with a buck before the 19th?

She sounds sick. If she’s stopped eating and pooping, she needs to go to a vet as they will determine the cause and treatment for it. I don’t know why she’s nesting so early. Force feeding can be very stressful. What kind of lettuce have you been feeding? I would stick to a hay and pellet diet. Did you pair her with a buck before the 19th?
Do you mean have i paired her with the buck in the past ?
She loves romaine lettuce , she's okay now and i've worked out why she wasn't eating ( gas pain ) but should i still book an appoinment cause she keeps getting it ?
She ate the stuff a pillow is made out of .

I would book an appointment if she stops eating and pooping for 8-12 hours. Right now, you can treat gas pain with tummy massages, and 1-2 ml of infant gas drops every 3-8 hours. I would also fill a bowl up with fennel seed tea. Do not give it to your rabbit while it is still hot, and do not add any honey.

Do you mean have i paired her with the buck in the past ?
She loves romaine lettuce , she's okay now and i've worked out why she wasn't eating ( gas pain ) but should i still book an appoinment cause she keeps getting it ?
She ate the stuff a pillow is made out of .
Did you pair her, or put her with a buck a few weeks before the 19th? Or was that the first time you paired her since June?
What is her diet like? She shouldn’t be getting gas so often. As Mariam+Theo said, I’d book a vet appointment if she hasn’t eaten or pooped for more than 8 hours. Polyester? How much of it did she eat?

Did you pair her, or put her with a buck a few weeks before the 19th? Or was that the first time you paired her since June?
What is her diet like? She shouldn’t be getting gas so often. As Mariam+Theo said, I’d book a vet appointment if she hasn’t eaten or pooped for more than 8 hours. Polyester? How much of it did she eat?
A pretty big amount , like a half inch chunk

No .

She gets hay, kale , herbs , lettuce , bell pepper and cucumber as a treat .
Sometimes fruit , well fruit 1 time a day and a treat a day

Oh, that is not good. I would offer her only hay and water for a week. Hay helps keep everything moving. Keep an eye on her poop too. If her poop, behavior, or appetite changes at all take her to the vet. From now on, be careful when giving her kale because it can cause gas.

I agree!
Oh, that is not good. I would offer her only hay and water for a week. Hay helps keep everything moving. Keep an eye on her poop too. If her poop, behavior, or appetite changes at all take her to the vet. From now on, be careful when giving her kale because it can cause gas.

I'm sorry for breeding , I'm sorry .
I don't want to neglect any bunnies or hurt them .

You don’t need to apologise for breeding. I can tell that you really love your rabbit(s). But you do need to make sure you know why you want to breed and that you know what you are doing, and how to do it properly. If you want to breed, you should do it because you want to better a breed of rabbit, not just because you’d get babies, or money or anything.
Keep Jasmine on a hay and water only diet for a week. And watch her poops. Be careful feeding her kale, spinach, broccoli or anything else that causes gas. She might not be able to handle it as well as another bunny could. I would think about retiring her in a year or so also. Because she’s a little bit older.

You don’t need to apologise for breeding. I can tell that you really love your rabbit(s). But you do need to make sure you know why you want to breed and that you know what you are doing, and how to do it properly. If you want to breed, you should do it because you want to better a breed of rabbit, not just because you’d get babies, or money or anything.
Keep Jasmine on a hay and water only diet for a week. And watch her poops. Be careful feeding her kale, spinach, broccoli or anything else that causes gas. She might not be able to handle it as well as another bunny could. I would think about retiring her in a year or so also. Because she’s a little bit older.
I find when she eats veg( not all veg) she gets very hard poops , and doesn't poop as much .
So i'm just going to slowly reduce her variety of veg , to see what upsets her tum .

I know kale , cucumber , bell pepper and parsley don't affect her

Back