nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sweet little babies. How's it going? Hoping all is well and you are getting Mom to feed them. Or if you are attempting to feed them, I'm hoping all is going well.

Wish I had more experience in this area to lend you, but can only bump this to the top hoping someone who has can give you some more advise.

K :)

I have absolutely no experience with this, but their bellies seem fairly round so she must be feeding them, either that or you're doing a good job feeding them.

Also if you aren't feeding them, I would think that by now you would have lost some if the mum wasn't feeding them... so I think she must be.

But again, NO experience. Looks like you may have some neat colours too so that's exciting!

She aint doing it herself i put a baby cam in there and watched for 24 hours and she only went in there once she cleaned them and jumped out

And make sure you rub their bottoms, so they can urinate/defecate. Mothers usually lick their bottoms, but I prefer a cloth. LOL

They're really cute. I hope they make it!!

It should make them go but don't stop until they go. If you're rubbing for longer than a minute give em a rest and try again in a little bit. Don't rub too hard just very light.

some of them arent going right I dont think bc i've done it several times to one of them and it hasnt gone but his tummy is full so i know its ate enough

1) they look fed and fine
2) if you are nervous around her she will sense it and it makes her more nervous.
3) The more you mess with her the more she will resent you and the babies
4) Do NOT try to bottlefeed if you do not have the patience to do so or the training.
I have a litter I started bottle feeding at 10 days, I have the last 2 dying in my house right now. Yes, I said dying. Most litters do not survive bottle feeding, it is ugly to watch them die slowly, let momma bunny do it for you.

I have been raising rabbits for better than 20 years and have never had a litter survive that was bottle raised. They just die off slower.

Once their eyes are open they will go on their own.

Latest posts

Back