Nest Making

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almi

Reaction score
Took a look at Emmy this mornin'. Shehad a whole wad of hay sticking out on either side of her face, and wascollecting more. lol :p

I looked inside her "toweled off" area, and found a small pile ofhay. She's making a nest. So should I give her anest box now then?

Some does will nest early. I give in and let them have their box as long as they are not soiling in it:)

It is also true asRusselandRoxymentioned,that does cycling through a false pregnancy may begin nest building acouple weeks after being exposed to a buck.

I have had many more cases of early nesters than false pregnancy nest builders.

Pam

then put a nest box in!!! lol - thanks Pam - iwas just making a guess really! I have never had an early nester or afalse pregnancy so i wouldnt really know!!

Leanne:)

Ok, thanks. :)

I will put in a nest box as soon as I get home today.

She is most definitely pregnant; the small blobs I felt on the 6th day have been gradually getting bigger. :D

You can most certainly palpate them by day14. Day 6 is too early to distinguish them from fecal pelletsin the intestines until about day 10-11.

Pam

They were "together" on Monday, April 4th, in the afternoon, to be exact. Heh.

Yes, I was able to palpate and feel thevery small, but softembryos in her uterine region. I was able to distinguishthese because of their position in the body (and intheuterine horns). I'm pretty sure "pellets" wouldfeel harder and a little bigger than what I felt, and would be locatedslightly higher in the body, and most likely in a differentposition. Trust me, I know my anatomy.;)

And sure enough, those SAME little blobs I felt are what I'm feeling now. :D

Oh, don't worry, I didn't count my chickens on that 6th day ofpregnancy, cause, well, you never know. But I do know nowthat that's what I felt. Heh. :p

Here's a little update.

I gave her a nestbox yesterday. She hopped into it, seemedsatisfied, and finally went to lay down in her litter box. :)

But of course by this morning she had the piece of fleece I put inthere pulled out, and she appeared to be fidgety and nest-making again.:p

At least I'm not worried about her soiling it, as she has neverurinated in that end of the cage (one reason it was so very easy tolitter train her; she's only gone in one spot and one spot only sinceshe "moved in" to the cage. :D), and I usually don't find many pellets,if any. ;)

Any nesting material she would like that I can put in there?I have some nice soft Crittercare bedding that I use for my hamsters,would she like that? Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back