nest box size

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully a mod will come by and move this to the "Rabbitry" section of the forum, so the breeders can help you determine this :).

Moved to the Rabbitry for you!

I'm not very experienced and I've only made one nest box before but I think there needs to be 2-3 inches in each dimension of extra space. You want bunny to be able to get in and turn around but not big enough for her to loung comfortably or use as a litter box.

Hope full more experienced breeders will give you some advice.

--Dawn

Sorry, don't know that actual measurements but you want the doe to be able to jump in, turn around, and nurse the babies with about 2 inches of space on all sides of her.

Our Satin boxes are 18-20" long x 10-11" wide and 10" tall. (Sorry, the kids built them and the size varies a tiny bit.) NowI use them for some of the Brood size Mini Rex.

Thank you for the info.

I found two used metal nest boxes that just happen to be the right size!!

I need to replace the bottoms but the price was right FREE.

Neither nest box has been used in years so a good washing and they will be good to go.

This weekend I will get a picture of my daughter with her new bunnys and post it on here.

Can't wait to see photo's of the new bunnies! And I'd recommend replacing bottoms in any used nest box you get. (No telling what germs might be left over!) Give them both a good wash with bleach and water and they will be good as new.

Latest posts

Back