Nervous Rabbit! Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mockingjay

Reaction score
I've just got a new rabbit and he won't go from his carrier into his cage. I put hay in his cage and he won't go in! What do I do? Please answer ASAP!

Take a step back. He's obviously feeling rather upset right now- in a new place with new smells and new people, he's scared and bewildered, so he's sticking where he is and doesn't want to venture out, especially with the big strange person looming over him. Stand away from him quietly and after a little while he may feel comfortable wandering out a short way.

I put the carrier like this.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388883742.192273.jpg

Would it be okay to just leave him like that for a little while until he goes in?

Nevermind, he's in and happy! This is him on the way home sleeping! He is so cute!

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1388891517.802635.jpg

He is cute! Remember he is in a new place and may take some time to adjust to everything. Buns can be pretty timid since they are prey animals.

I hope in the future you will be expanding his living area as that is a pretty small cage.

Oh, how sweet! He's adorable. Felix still doesn't sleep with his eyes closed. :p

Latest posts

Back