Needing few tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do they live? Are they in your house? How long have you had them? What problem are you having exactly?
You need to take it really slow with rabbits. Try sitting in their play area and let them come up and sniff around you. Don't touch them, just let them learn you aren't a threat. You can then try putting something tasty on your knee or near you so they learn that being near you is a good thing. This might take weeks. When they are more confident you might be able to reach out to pet them, but must go slowly and if they hop away, let them, they need to know they can have their own space and be safe. Don't try picking them up, very few rabbits enjoy this and it is best left until you have a good bond, and then only when strictly necessary (e.g. for nail clipping). If you need to put your hands into their personal space (e.g. to give food, clean them out, etc.) try and do it while they are distracted elsewhere so they don't feel like you are invading their territory.

Roughly about 12 weeks and they live just in my room the problem is when i go to pet the one showing as my pfp he sometimes hops away not too fast but like a normal slow human speed and they do love when i sit and feed them veggies sometimes since i stopped with veggies until they finally were 12 weeks

Where do they live? Are they in your house? How long have you had them? What problem are you having exactly?
You need to take it really slow with rabbits. Try sitting in their play area and let them come up and sniff around you. Don't touch them, just let them learn you aren't a threat. You can then try putting something tasty on your knee or near you so they learn that being near you is a good thing. This might take weeks. When they are more confident you might be able to reach out to pet them, but must go slowly and if they hop away, let them, they need to know they can have their own space and be safe. Don't try picking them up, very few rabbits enjoy this and it is best left until you have a good bond, and then only when strictly necessary (e.g. for nail clipping). If you need to put your hands into their personal space (e.g. to give food, clean them out, etc.) try and do it while they are distracted elsewhere so they don't feel like you are invading their territory.
Thanks for this tip its worked so far potato has been allowing me to pet him abit more i think he is just abit shy thats all

Back