Need to vent

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepnFluff

Reaction score
I know i've been a bit absent lately but really need to vent and currently my friends don't really understand so I hope no one minds :)Lately my Mums been a real cow (to put it gently) the only communication we have is arguing. Usually over small things tonight we've had 3 arguments all miniscule things but she makes a mountain out of a moehill.

Fight 1-My friend Bah, (exchange student from Brazil) Is moving areas so most likely this will be the last time I see her. Anyway were having a pot luck dinner and I'm on desert so I asked Mum if I could go and tomorrow could she pick me up some wine biscuits for the desert. She yells. YELLS. Things like me being selfish, using her, lazy and basically just making me feellike crap. I yell back, asking how that question makes me lazy and selfish? She just yells so I mutter a few words and go to my room.

Fight 2- It's winter over here and last winter and this winter she's promised to take me up to the mountain to go snowboarding. She didn't. So I ask when does she think it's likely she'll take me up and if possible could we go up before the interschool champs so I can practise. This whole time I was being polite no nagging or anything and she just yells again. The world doesn't revolve around you, I'm not going to drop everything and take you? I know this may not seem like a big deal to you but snowboarding is amazing, it's really the onlytimeI feel free and in control.Not to tootingmy own horn I'm pretty good and stand a fair chance of getting a placing at champs, and she knows this all and how much it means to me and how valuable getting up there it is to me yet she wont take me shes virtually spelling it out without directly saying it.

Jeez just reading this I sound pathetic and I know many people have more problems than me but all this is really getting me down. People assume because its just me and Mum we should be really tight and close and stuff but were not, were anything but all she does is yell, nothing I ever do is good enough. I know if it wern't for me her and her stupid boyf would have moved in allready and I can tell she doesn't want me around but have no where else to go. All my friends have those perfect families, both parents all that jazz and are really close with their families and just say I should speak to mum but I can't. To top it all off Cass died two weeks ago and I'm really behind on my credits and it's not looking like I'm going to pass this year but I can't really talk to anyone as none of them understand. Gosh this is a huuge vent, sorry guys but just needed to get it out.

You don't sound pathetic, I know exactly how you feel me and my mum don't have the best relationship at all and she's all ways rubbing me the wrong way (I even wonder if she is actually my mum!). It's hard to find the space to cool off when you live together but if you can find any where to go where you can cool off and vent then it does help but, if you have a similar situation to me then it's often the case that when you come back there's a uneasy atmosphere and you feel uncomfortable (plus my mum never seems to calm down lol!) which, sometimes makes it really hard to chill.
I understand it's a really tough situation and it's really hard to cope with, it used to drive me mental!
Fortunately for me I managed to move out and since then the absence seemed to improve things a little though, she still tries to wind me up sometimes when I see her.
I had the same situation as you with no one to talk to about it because every one knew her and wouldn't believe that she was as bad as what I would say. I found that going to counselling helped a little (It provides someone to vent to lol!) but every one has different perspectives on whether they think it's suitable for them so, it's up to you if you'd like to try something like that.
I really feel for you and hope that I have been a little helpful, if you ever feel like talking about it then, if you like you can pm me. :)
Keep smiling and I hope that things go ok for you :hug2:

"Mum's been a real cow."

Sounds like your mom and my mom should get together and have a tea party. Thankfully my parents are divorced, so I live with my dad.

I would say try to talk things out with her, but it seems that that may only make problems worse. Sometimes the only thing you can do is brush it off. :(

Ahh I'd love to live with my Dad! I was there this past weekend for a break and all it really did was reinforce why I hate living with her. If I wanted I could actually move in with him cept he lives in another area and moving schools wouldnt be that good especially as i'd be there for my final year. And I'd have to re-make friends etc, couldnt take buns. She came in this morning wanting to "talk" Except it was 7.30 and I needed to get ready for school So i told her this but she proceeded to talk about her problems and why all we do Is yell. But she seems to think It's all me and I'm the problem. We achieved nothing and now i'm late for school.

Latest posts

Back