Need suggestions!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah he's been litter trained, only took him a day too! The first litter box was triangular, which he ignored. So, my mom suggested I use an old rectangular tray, which he enjoy using.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

I was going to suggest putting the hay manger over his litter box, because rabbits like to do their business near a hay stash. So cute to see your little, all white babe in the wooden tunnel.

Here's a link to housing ideas:
http://www.linedgroundsquirrels.com/HousingIdeas.html

The first two buns outgrew those dog kennel crates, and now have exercise pens.
myheart's foster boy Andrew Allen is shown in the NIC house that his dad built for him.

Someone asked about bedding in another thread. It's nice to see the comfy surfaces if your rabbit isn't a voracious chewer of material!

Bath rugs, kitchen rugs, thick bath mat, indoor/outdoor thin carpet, carpet rectangles, seagrass matting... some of the bedding for bottom of housing units that we use.

well there are 2 things i can tell you about a NIC cage. 1 they are bad, cause they are soooo addicting lol i own about 5-6 boxes and plan on getting another 4 when i get my check lol
second, it's good that you used NIC grids cause if you don't like your cage later, you can just change it easy ^_^ it looks good, and your bun is sooo cute ^_^

its not all in the cage lol. it's also made into storage for the buns, i use brackets and make shelving on the walls, i now have 2 buns in the house (cause some1 didn't want their ne more and gave him to us) so i made little hideaways with it and i have the border of their room outlined with it so they don't chew the baseboards and stuff. also, the 2 buns are separate so the cages aren't as big as they could be, which is why i wanna get more grids. i can take pics once it's all done (and my camera is fixed). i'm stuck using my bf's camera at the moment which aint very good, can't see the image, screen cracked lol.

The floor is fine :) You might want to go for something wipe clean on the base eg a sheet of plywood covered in lino or a plastic try made from corrugated plastic (looks like card but made of plastic). Giving it low sides eg 6" keeps mess contained. You could then use the panels on the base as the lid.

It's quite open at the moment and he'll probably be a little shy so so extra hiding places would be good - things like tunnels, cardboard boxes, a stool or just a paper tent. A shelf works as shelter too but you might want to sort the lid before being platforms for him to jump from ;)

Tam

Latest posts

Back