Need some input

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbaby80

Reaction score
Does this look like a holland lop to you!?

2laeiz7.jpg

I am going to purchase a holland lop hopefully within the next two days. I had inquired about this little doe who's picture looked like this :

2prgoq8.jpg

Now her ears are floppy in the second picture, but the first picture is apparently her updated picture of her now. Does she look like the bunny in the second picture!?!? :?:?:?:?

The first picture dose not look like a holland, i guess she could be a badly bred one. Good luck with you new baby :)

Her name is sally, from Nightmare before Christmas. I also changed domino's name, he is now jack from nightmare before Christmas. :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Right now she is inside a medium dog crate with chicken wire all around the bottom of it to keep her from sticking her head through the bars because she is SO small. I'm going to take more pictures of her now. I let her roam the room and she binkies!!!! :biggrin:

She looks just like my Harvey when I first bought him!
SO SO CUTE!! :)

Is she a self black?
Sally is a very cute name!

Do you plan on starting a rabbitry with her when she;s older? or is Sally a pet bunny? :)

Well, I might let her breed once with Jack before I fix him. Right now they are separated but in the same room. I won't let them mingle till she is older. Going to keep them separated for a couple months. My daughter wants to get into 4h so one baby would be for her. Afterwards strictly pets. I won't start my rabbitry till I move which is in 2 years. Jack is a white lion head so I am curious what the babies would look like, especially since sally's siblings were chestnut, chocolate, and black :) and jacks siblings were broken black, broken brown, white and all black.

Self black? Whats that? She's all black, but all her toe nails are clear. She almost has a brownish hue in the sun light.

Oh I see I see, they will produce such cute babies! Although I am still yet to see one of these lionlops lol, sounds super cute though!

I asked because my Harvey is a self black :D haha,
I'm still only learning colour genetics and what not.
But I think Self black isn't a dominant black. I could be wrong though lol, Harvey goes a brown tinge when he moults :D but yeah his colour doesn't look like a solid black in the sunlight.

Bonnie do you have pictures of your buns!? I wanna see them!! :) Post em! :D

When and if jack and sally have babies, my goodness, I'd probably wanna keep them all lol

I didn't think the first pictures were of the same rabbit. And, if they are, then she probably held the ears down for a bit, and snapped the picture before they poked back up.

Regardless, Sally is really cute!! She reminds me of the Romeo bun I had (and that started this whole bunny craze for me. LOL). Good luck with her, and I can't wait to see more pics. :)

Wendy she said she massages her ears to get them to go flat "again". I wanted the bunny, but she looked completely different from her younger pictures. She sent me pictures of her parents and they look nothing like her. lol I have no idea.

I love sally and she is SO adorable!! She binkies and loves running around. We're working on handling her often because she gets a little spooked when she's off the floor.

Back