Need some help :-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grracee

Reaction score
I put my mini-lop buck Wallace (chocolate point) to my mini-lop doe Willow (chocolate otter) today so hoping for some little chocolate mini-lops in about a months time!:pray:
Now, i've done alot of research and the breeder I got them off have given me alot of advice but this is my first time & will be my first litter so I am a little nervous.
I was just wondering whether there was any other advice I need, from the pregnancy up to birth? Thanks. :)

Heres the Doe,
2rqexpg.jpg

and the Buck,
243mdsy.jpg

You should have done the research before you bred them. ;)

What is the doe's age? Has she had litters before?

The basic things you need to know are that a rabbit's gestation is anywhere from 28 to 31 days. In my experience, most does deliver on the 31st day, but some can go early, or over.

Nestboxes should be placed in at 28 days, and checked regularly to make sure the doe isn't using it as a litterbox.

The baby bunnies will be born without fur, and their eyes & ears will be closed. Their eye will open in about 10/11 days...Ears will open up in a few days. They will get little baby fuzz by about day 3 or 4. Do not start weaning them until they are 6 or 7 weeks old! They need their mother's milk as long as possible, so the longer they can be with her, the better. They will begin nibbling pellets & hay at around 2 to 3 weeks, though, but this does not mean they are ready to leave their mother!

Anything else you're curious about?

Emily

Hiya,
Thanks for reply.:)
I have done lots of research before mating them as I didn't want to go into it without knowing a thing! So I knowpretty much all of the basic things you need to know.:)
Only question I wanted to ask really is whether there are any definate signs of pregnancy? Or will it just be when the doe makes the nest before having babies?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back