Need some convo ammo!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet23

Reaction score
Im trying to convince my mum that building a cage for her new guinea pigs would be better than buying a cage from her work(vet clinic). Ive tried showing her how to make them, giving her information from many websites on the pros and cons of them, and showing her how cheap they are to build and how easy they are to clean, at least the ones made from those shelving squares and some kind of easy-clean bottom. Im out of ideas! Any suggestions?

I would probably just build one for her :p
Cost effective, and will be far more spacious than anything she could purchase. Infinite number of custom designs.

If she is not a very handy person or not a DIYer, she may not be feeling confident that she can do this. It requires very few tools, and it is pretty hard to make any unfixable or costly mistakes in the process.

I believe JadeIcing has a great Guinea Pig setup... perhaps you could PM her to work together on an actual design that would work in your mom's space.

(I'm not very familiar with specific guinea pig requirements myself, but I'm sure some other folks will have insight :) )

I had several different GP cages. Loved them for multi piggies thought the current cage I have one of the bunnies would work well but be VERY expensive.

Abrand new cage can be expensive.

If you don't mind a used one, you can check with the Humane Society, if they have any that they will sell. You could adopt guinea pigs there too. :D

what's the reason she wants to go with a cage from her work?

another pro...you can build it so fit a specified area so it doesnt sit in an awkward place...like not hanging out in front of a walk way and stuff. you can make an L shape and ya...easier to be more creative with

Latest posts

Back