Need some advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayna345

Reaction score
So, as I said before in another topic I will be getting a new female bunny in 3 weeks, another Lionhead which I will eventually breed with Bam-Bam, problem is another breeder contacted me saying she has mini rexes and could bring me one tomorrow, but also says I shouldn't breed a Lionhead and a mini rex as I wouldn't be able to find them homes? But on the other hand I would really like a mini Lop to breed with Bam-Bam but can't find any mini Lop's around here except at a pet store :grumpy: so I'm really confused on what I should do! Get the Lionhead in 3 weeks, get the mini rex or keep trying to find a mini Lop, any advice? Thank you in advance for any advice

Also any advice on how I could find a mini Lop would be appreciated, and yes I have tried shelters many, but none close enough to me and the one I got Bam-Bam from has no female bunnies and I also don't want to ask my friend to go all the way back up there for me to pick up another bunny lol

Aren't there any breeders you can find anywhere nearby where you could get breeding stock? I'd just google "Mini Lop breeders in {your area}"
I'd think it'd be easiest to find homes for purebred bunnies. Are you looking into becoming a breeder or just diong this once?

Bunnylova4eva wrote:
Aren't there any breeders you can find anywhere nearby where you could get breeding stock? I'd just google "Mini Lop breeders in {your area}"
I'd think it'd be easiest to find homes for purebred bunnies. Are you looking into becoming a breeder or just diong this once?
I have been looking all over Google lol can't seem to find any breeders around me besides the two I've found which only have, Lionheads, Netherlands, Flemish and mini rexes. I've heard Lionlops were becoming quite popular and I've always wanted a mini Lop so I thought it would be a good choice, but do you think the purebred bunnies are the better way to go?

I hope to become a breeder, it all depends on how my first time doing this goes, of course I am doing all the research I can and have my rabbit savvy vet on hand for the babies if anything goes wrong but I am getting everything the mommy and babies will need and have the room for them

Your difficulty in finding a mini-lop near you is actually a long-term advantage. It means there is a need for a breeder in your area & you can fill that need.

LakeCondo wrote:
Your difficulty in finding a mini-lop near you is actually a long-term advantage. It means there is a need for a breeder in your area & you can fill that need.
You have a really good point, thank you! I actually haven't even considered that, been searching so much my mind is in the sate of :shock:

If you're on Facebook, join the ARBA page. And there's one for District 9. And a couple called East Coast Rabbits. They always have rabbits listed for sale on there, and I'm 99.9% sure you'll find something close to you.

Also, there is a Breeder directory on ARBA's website.

Wait, I didn't realize you were going to breed your lionhead to the mini lop. I'm not sure how well that will work, because a full-grown mini lop is going to be a LOT bigger than your lionhead. Maybe breed to a holland lop? Or a Fuzzy Lop?

Thank you! I'll that, I'm not sure how to find the right ones on Facebook though, not very good with this stuff :biggrin: and yes you're right I didn't realize this at first I knew the mini lop would be bigger but thought being the female it wouldn't really matter but I just didn't realize how much bigger lol, I'll look into the Holland Lop more, I doubt I will find any Fuzzy Lops, I can barely find Holland or mini remotely close but I have never seen a Fuzzy at all

These links should take you to the group page.

This is the East Coast Rabbit Breeders. You can talk about anything on here, but it's usually just for sale/wanted stuff posted.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253212581399224/

This is East Coast Rabbit Breeders Rabbits For Sale. You can ONLY post for sale/wanted posts, no questions at all. Kind of stuffy, if you ask me. LOL
https://www.facebook.com/groups/119990174698215/

And here's the D9 page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/12107792601/

Hope that helps!

Thank you this does help a lot! Just one question really sorry to bother you with this but I was just wondering if this means I could post a wanted ad on there saying I'm looking for a bunny around my area? Thank you again!

Yes! You just can't ask, "what color is this rabbit?" or any other non-related sales questions. I think the site that has the rule will allow transport posts, but that's about it. The rest of the sites are really good about letting people talk about what they want.

Latest posts

Back