need reminding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel

Reaction score
i cant remember what it was called but the stuffyou can put on the grass to stop your rabbit from burrowing out but yetstill lets the grass grow through what was it called like i say i cantremember for the life of me :?:? but i do remember someonesaying from the UK that they bougth it from B&Q or homebase butcant again remember which one lol, i know ive got a bad memory, its allthose kids in work lol

I use heavy gauge galvanised wire its the same wire that is on the front of my buns hutch.

I got it from my local pet supplier. It allows the grass to grow through but stops them from digging up my garden!!

You could just put the wire around the sides ofthe run to discourage diggingor use bigger holes in the wirewhen it is layed on the floor so your rabbit isn't resting on the wire.Also I'm not sure if this is the stuff your talking about but in mygarden we have this plastic sheeting that had holes in, it lets grassgrow through but you can mow over it and it protects the grass fromwear and tear. We use it to stop our hens scratching up ourlawn.;)Not sure if it would be safe for rabbits though, itcould possibly be chewed.:?

caramel wrote:
doesnt it hurt theirfeet
Rather than putting it on the bottom of the run you can dig holestohave the run buried in the ground, then if she digs shewon't be able to get out.

Although my run doesn't have this or wire on the bottom, they havenever managed (or tried) to dig out of it. Even if they did theywouldn't be in any danger anyway.:)

No it doesn't hurt their feet as I allow mygrass to grow quite long and it covers the wire completly, you can'teven tell the wire is there.

Latest posts

Back