Need Opinions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*Midnight Moon*~

Reaction score
Yesterday, I purchases a rabbit from an auction hoping to get it to trust people again and then find it a home where it can know what it's like to be loved.

After I got it home I had a chance to give it a health check and make sure it is able to go inside the barn with my another rabbits.

It is then that I noticed the fur past her shoulders and down her hindquarters is very coarse.

I personally dont know what this would be caused from. My first guess would be diet and nutrition. I guess I would really like to know if that could be what it's caused from, and also if it will go away.

Feel free to post your opinions. I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Any clue what breed (or breed mix) it is? Age? Nutrition can play a major part in poor coat. He/She may just be getting ready to "change" coats, blow a dead junior coat and get an adult coat...

It may be nothing to worry about. One of my rabbits has some coarse fur parts to her and she has an excellent diet (I feed her well). Maybe try brushing this rabbit and see what happens. It may change after a few days of brushing.

Shannon

BlueGiants wrote:
Any clue what breed (or breed mix) it is? Age? Nutrition can play a major part in poor coat. He/She may just be getting ready to "change" coats, blow a dead junior coat and get an adult coat...
It's a harlequin. I'd say about 1-2yrs.

He/She may just be getting ready to shed. I know a few of mine get a dry, "dead" feeling coat before they shed. (Some of my Blues even turn a brownish color, before they shed.) ilovetoeatchocolate is right, brushing will help encourage any dead fur to come out.

Latest posts

Back