Need ideas for hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's the NIC and x-pen stickies in this section of the forums if it's for indoors and a couple other stickies specifically for outdoor bunny housing. I keep my bunns inside because it's stupid hot where I live, so I'm no help with outdoor housing if that's what you're after but I'm happy to help answer questions on indoor cages.

Well for indoor cages you could use a dog crate, NIC cubes,or a dog playpen. For outdoor you could make something like a hutch above ground (with legs). Or you could have a shed or a barn for your rabbit. If it is a shed it would need to be on solid ground/cement.. so if there is a bug problem then I wouldn't do a shed. Shade is also very important. You could also put a fan in the rabbit hutch.
I could help with either. If I get a rabbit it would need to be housed outside. I could help with either if you like.

I built a NIC cage for my rabbits. Here is the cage with the doors open.
2012-08-12_19-28-46_232.jpg

I have since added shelfes in each side.
Here is with the doors closed.
2012-08-12_19-28-17_436.jpg
When my bunnies are bonded it will look a little bit more like this.
2012-08-16_18-15-11_811.jpg

NOTE: I constantly change up this cage. These pictures are just to give you an idea.

my condo's still sort of a work in progress and I need to find a fabric store to buy some fleece to put on top the coroplast:

DSCF01642.jpg

my house isn't bunny-proofed and my little ones aren't fully litter-trained so I've got a combination NIC/x-pen set-up to make sure they can get plenty of exercise each day:

DSCF01252.jpg

Jennifer - that's not a condo, it is a high rise building. Is there an elevator? Bank? Dentist? Starbuck's? Do you land helicopters on top?
That''s a very nice home. You must be very creative or a architect?

Thanks all, the hutch may go into our garage or laundry room... Or we may have to build a NIC cage. Faith is quickly outgrowing her cage! We did try our dogs' kennel, but they freaked out when they saw her.

Latest posts

Back