NEED IDEAS AND PICTURES OF TOYS AND OR HOMEMADE TOYS THAT ARE FUN!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought tons of toys, but the ones that my rabbits actually like (and use) consistently are:
- mazes, concrete form tubes, tunnels, cardboard castles
- dig boxes (cardboard box filled with crumpled newspaper)
- things that dangle above them (like some cat toys); hanging curtains and towels
- balls that they can nudge (cat pellet dispenser; small soccer ball)
- branches (I consider this more of a food item than a toy)

Others that they enjoyed, but need to switch up from time to time (may get bored with):
- Stuffed paper towel rolls with hay
- Egg carton boxes
- the Bunspace Linnea/Magnus toy (not homemade, but still enjoyable)

:yeahthat:

I also use a little silver metal box that he LOVES to throw around. You could use measuring cups or something instead - I hear the shiny-ness makes them obsessed :p

You can also get wooden bird toys that are really good, or even ones specific to bunny's that have scented wood!

They do get bored quickly though, so I always make sure I have a bit of paper in there for them to always chew on :)

Toya
:mrsthumper:

Natasha's favorite toys are things she can chew - toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls are great, with or without hay stuffed inside, but anything paper is acceptable. We often share a magazine, with Natasha getting the tip-in cards to chew while I read.

7648_032200_520000000.jpg

Corrugated cardboard boxes are a good toy, as well. The bunny can go in and out, and exercise her home-improvement skills.

7648_121130_270000004.jpg

Natasha also likes her set of plastic baby keys. She throws them around her cage, and always puts them away when she's done.

7648_232106_390000000.jpg

All bunnies are different, so you'll need to watch Patches for a while at the start, but many like to have a stuffed friend for company. This is Natasha and her stuffed companion Butter.

7648_181732_090000000.jpg

baby rattles are very popular at my house, Becky in particular LOVES to make noise.

paper bags stuffed with hay and treats then tied with hemp string is great so they can break in, it helps with the joy of naughtyness :)

phonebooks for digging (covers ripped off)

a foot stool with a baby blanket over the top. they run over, under, ambush each other, pull the blanket off etc.

patches2593 wrote:
im just scared about the certain kind of paper like ink and that stuff
I do not know what kind of ink is used in your country. Over here, most of the inks used in regular printing are harmless and soy-based. The bunny is not going to eat much ink on regular paper, anyway - you might want to avoid color pages and shiny paper.

thank you. also, for cardboard boxes to chew, what about ink or tape that was on the box or the address labels?

patches2593 wrote:
thank you. also, for cardboard boxes to chew, what about ink or tape that was on the box or the address labels?
I would not worry about paper tape or address labels. The ones which have to be licked or moistened with a spong are perfectly OK - otherwise you could not lick them. The self-adhesive sort do not have enough adhesive on them to be a concern.

If the box has lots of plastic tape or the kind of strapping tape with strings it it, I would strip the tape off before giving the box to the bunny.

I recently found out a new bunny toy. I used plain white paper, cut about 4 pieces into long strips and stuck a safety pin through them all. I then crumpled it different directions for fullness. I hung it up under his level beside his litter box and he loves to run through. My rabbit hardly plays with anything, so this must be good. He also enjoys the shirts I hang up for him. He runs under them and digs at the bottoms.

I give my rabbit a pillow to beat up, sometimes I use those Amazon boxes (because I shop online a lot) and cut a hole or 2 so he can jump in and out.. all you really need is to be creative with it... the safe way though.. I read somewhere that Newspapers aren't the ideal 'chew toy' for them because of the ink.

All ink is vegetable based now when it comes to public printing. Inks were one of the first EPA regulations. It's the only sterile paper readily available.

Mine love toilet paper rolls and phone books. We tell them that's where the bad people are listed. He hasn't dial the phone yet but Willard sure does like that phone book. He attacks it. Loves to dig on it.

I stopped buying store bought toys. They just don't work. Anybody up for used bunny toys. Got a box here collecting dust.

K :)

Latest posts

Back