Need Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lover_Of_Lopz

Reaction score
Summer has a wet eye what is it? do I need to take her to the vet? she has had it for 4 days can I treat it at home? I will try end take picks later.:?

Poor Summer, I hope it's nothing too serious.

Susan

I would suggest taking her to the vets because you're not sure what it is. The sooner she goes the better. Until then you can bathe it with cooled boiled water, but really, she does need a vet.

I think it might be from where she just got fixed out dogs had wet eyes for a little while after when they got fixed.but I will look into a vet and when I can get her in.

How long ago was she spayed? When they put a rabbit under an anaesthetic I believe they have to help keep their eyes moist, so for a day or so after their eyes may look a bit weird, but normally they clean it off quickly. I have a feeling yours is more like a couple of weeks ago, so I would think whilst it may be related, it would not be directly from the general anaesthetic, maybe more from being run down, or something. Equally, it might not be related in the slightest.

Yeah, Benjamin's eyes were a bit wet underneath due to the eye drops after his neuter, but it only lasted a day or two. There are a lot of things that can go wrong to cause runny eyes, so if she still has it on Monday, I'd call to make an appointment for Monday or Tuesday. It could be an eye infection, abrasion to the cornea, or even tooth problems. They're all pretty serious and need vet care. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back