Need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lets start with I work for McD's. I'm currently a Team-Leader which is just 1 under a Manager. I was a Manager back in 2007 from March till Dec 31 st. The bigger bosses though I was unhappy in my position so i was asked to demote my self. This was all a surprise to me as my boss the Restaurant Manger never talked to about how things were going and didn't tell me there was a problem. So i went back down to the Team-Leader position with Great Joy. It's less stress as I shouldn't be running the store by my self as that's not in my job description. Anyways onto the help.

The new Resteraunt Manger asked me if I would like to move back up to a Manager and run the Over Night shift. As all McD's are to open there lobby's 24/7 with the Drive-Thru :(

So i'm not sure that this is something i really want. Here my Pro's and Con's for doing/not doing it.

Pro's - More Money, Can afford to live in the apt without my sis, Wouldn't have to move back home, Full Time hours and I get weekends off.

Con's - Fluffy is sick, Monsters is OLD, My sis is gone, I sleep a lot more when i work nights, Not in the safest neighbord.

I know the pro's out number the con's. I just finished working Over Nights at a differnt location in my Team-Leader position and left 'cause i was tired of it. But at least here i would be a Manger.
So what do u think. Should I do it?

Rebecca

Speaking from experience, always put safety, mental and physical health first.

You had the position before and found it stressful. Stress will only make you dislike what you do. Before you know it, you'll be forcing yourself out of bed to get to work, not enjoying it at all, and doing it because you have to, especially if you find yourself in a new apartment on your own. And if you decide to quit? You'll be faced with a heck of a lot more stress as you'd have to find another job quickly to support yourself since you'd be on your own.

Personally, I think it's best to do less and get more out of it. If you don't have enough hours and if they are stable enough, maybe you can find something part-time that fits in with your schedule? Something different, that way you'll get some variety, without taking on responsibility. :)

On the other hand, maybe you feel it was unjustified and think you make a great manager and should be in th position to make things better. It all depends on the support you'd get. Just remember, you don't owe anyone anything, so think about yourself.

I agree with the previous posts. If you didn't like working nights before, you won't like working nights again.

I guess you would have to prioritize what you want most. If you are MOST interested in making more money now, you should take the job. If you are MOST interested in not working nights, and the things that go along with that, you should stay where you're at.

Personally, I would only take the position in a shift you don't like if you think you could leverage that into a similar day-time position in a reasonable amount of time.

Latest posts

Back