NEED HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to point out that the baby that isabout half the size of the others could be a runt - or it could be apeanut. Many times, I'll lose the runts and/or the peanuts of alitter.....

I'm not saying you will - but you might want to be prepared. I think wehave threads here somewhere on peanuts -I'll try to find one and postthe link to it later.

Peg

I would start looking at investing in at least 1 more (preferably 2 more) Hutches.

When these babies are 6-8 weeks old, they will need to be separated bygender (so mama and sisters don't get pregnant from thesons/brothers). And just in case, DO NOT put any sons in withthe dad as option because Dad will kill them (male's are very dominantover their territory). If you don't separate them, you willhave a very unfortunate situation on your hands as each doe is capableof producing a litter (of 8 or more) and that could get out of handvery quickly.

So, what's your plans for the future? Are you going topermanently keepthe Dadin the hutch away from Mom,or will you be getting him neutered? Will you continue to letMom roam the yard, or will you be getting her spayed and put into ahutch? Have you started looking for homes for thislitter? 6-8 weeks goes by pretty fast. Do you haveintentions on keeping any (and if so, what will it's living situationbe?)

These are all rather important questions to think about.

Good Luck with the litter.

~Sunshine

Unfortunatly we lost the runt of the litter yesterday, we checked on the babies and found him dead.

to answer some questions... we have plans to get dad neutred and we gotanother hutch to keep the babies in once they are a bit more developed.

we are also looking for homes for the 7 remaning kits even now

THanks again for all your help and concern, i'll report back once things develop a little more.

That's sad that you lost the littleone:(It's gonna be so hard for you to part with them! I wasso sad when I had to give mine away, and there was only three, and Igot to keep two, and the other was was going to my neighbour!;)

Hope the rest survive! :goodluck

Latest posts

Back