need help with my conti

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what you are saying is that he cannot use is legs..????

this could be possibly an injury from jumping or falling in some way that injured his spine. if so itis very important to keep him in a small areaso that he cannot try to struggle to move and further injure himself.

this is something that requires immediate veterinary attention by a vet who is knowledgeable in rabbit care...

if it is a paralysis that came on slowly there may be oher causes for this but right now this rabbit needs veterinary care.

in the meantime keep him comfortable in a smaller area with easy access to food and water

thank you for your suggestion, but i he hasnt jumped or fell, he is eating his food and drinking plenty of water, he just doesnt move, he is in his own hutch so i dont know what it might be?

You need to take him to a vet
a rabbit in a hutch can break bones by sudden movement when they are frightened by something...

..a violent jerk caused by fear.

I don't know if this was slow in coming on or not but could be many things that only a good vet can diagnose...

I agree that this needs a vet visit ASAP, especially if the leg paralysis occurred suddenly (not gradual weakness followed by total loss of movement). There are only a few things that cause hind leg paralysis in rabbits, and all are pretty dire. The first thing I would suspect is a spinal injury, and then possibly a case of e cuniculi. He needs to be seen by a vet and have an x-ray done very soon.

Latest posts

Back