Need Help With Ear Mites!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokankai

Reaction score
Theodore was treated for ear mites about a month ago and they're showing up again but on his other ear (I think...I can't remember which ear was affected last time). He received one shot of ivermectin without plans to receive another. His ear is starting to show slight flakiness and is warm.

I would prefer to not pay another $100, and I have a tube of Revolution for Kittens left over from when I treated my rats.

What are the dosage and application instructions for this Revolution for a 2.5 lb rabbit? Do I put it on the back of his neck like flea treatment? How many drops? And he needs to be treated again in 3 weeks right?

8mg of revolution per 1 lb of rabbit
Your rabbit will need 20 mg of revolution, check how many mg are in the tube you have, it may not be enough.
Same application as in dogs/cats.

also use a veterinary ear cleanser, not mineral oil and not pet store ear cleaners.
It will help to alter the ph of the eat environment and hopefully help to make it less attractive to pests.

You also need to deal with the envoronment. Sanitize all wood or throw it out, vacuum, wash fabrics, etc.

Ok great.

For the environment, the weird thing is that NOTHING's the same as when he first got the mites. He got them in the process of a move, so he has new rugs, new hay brand, and new bedding bags. My other rabbit that lives with them hasn't shown any symptoms but I'll treat her as well.

Just checked online and each tube has only 15mg of medication in them. Should I get another type then? The purple package for dogs has 30 mg per tube.

Latest posts

Back