need help, with bunny condo!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipflopsmom

Reaction score
i wanted to build flipflop a bunny condo

so i went all over today looking for the grids

After trying 4 stores ifound them at target i wasso happy to find them i rushed home to start building soon after i waslooking at the finshed condo and was thinking could she get her head inthe holes? and i got my answer yes she could! and yes she did, to myhorror!

now i have a built condo and she cant useit.

Does any one have a suggestion onhow i can make this condobunny friendly?

thanks, flipflopsmom

How old is she? If she is still growingfast enough, maybe in a few weeks it won't make anydifference. When we got Sebastian he could stick up to hisshoulders through the holes in our outdoor panels. He is fivemonths old now and can't even get his head halfway through.Maybe you might have to wait a wee bit....

And it it dangerous or just that she can reach stuff outside of her cage?

well she is just about 10 weeks old

I dont' know if its dangerous but can she hang herself by getting her head stuck?

thanks

karen

flipflopsmom

May not be esthetically pleasing, but you could wrap relevant sectionsof the condo with chicken wire, or some other such smaller griddedmaterial, until such time he "grows" into the cage.

Buck

thanks,

i was thinking chicken wire but did not know if it would worki will have to tryit...

for now and maybe remove it when she get abit bigger .

thanks for your help

karen

Good idea Buck!

A rabbit can indeed break it's neck or back when it panics in anattempt to free it's head, so you'll want to be certain to alter thecondo before using it.

Pam

Latest posts

Back