Need Help With Apollo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never mindthis patty cake stuff with achipmunk they are worthless scareyvicious little critters just round acorner on a mother moving babies and not knowingshe is there and see what happens , hardto imagine a 4 oz critter could chase a200 lb person out into traffic,

Get a Large Rat trap baitit with penut butter and snapthe bugger , problem eliminated ,.How Dare he scarethe bewidgets out of Apollo!!!!!

I can understad Apollo being afraid of thepossum (hav eyou seen their teeth??) but a chipmunk?? Its way smallerthan him and its not like its a preditor!

I definetly recomend the live trap. We used it for a squirrel that kept going in the garage and eating all the bunny food.

Poor Apollo! Hes such abig boy to be soo scared...My 14 lb French lopgirl was prepared to beat up the dog and cat if they were in her way!Even Mitzy was ready to kill one of my ferrets that snuck in herroom. She was growling and charging, protecting her hidinglittle man! The ferret thought it was good fun and was disapointed hecouldn't get in the bunny cage. He got sent back to the "ferretorium"

The last thing i could think of was how about covering his cage with ablanket? It won't stop the sounds, might muffle them a bit but he atleats won't be able to see the chipmunk.

By the way....SamandTom who is thatgorgeous rabbit in your avatar?? That bun looks so much like my belovedGizmo...though Gizmo had enormous ears with tuffs on the end of them..I miss that little boy so much!

BlueMo0nz wrote:
By the way....SamandTom who is that gorgeousrabbit in your avatar?? That bun looks so much like my belovedGizmo...though Gizmo had enormous ears with tuffs on the end of them..I miss that little boy so much!
Did you mean ME? Samandshawn

lol! Yes I did. I tried to remember the namefrom the page behind and aperently I didn't really remember it sowell!:foreheadsmack:

Pet_Bunny, I will look at the site. Thank you.

Gypsy, I'mnot sure I want to hurt the little guy.I'm going to try theolive oil and vinegar. I want to try and do it as organic asnatural.

I moved into their territory so I am trying to be asunderstanding as possible. But this is ridiculous. The possum I canunderstand but a chipmunk:?. He poops more in a daythan thatchipmunk weighs.Apollo's daddy said he's a bigwimp.:(I won't tell his him daddy said that.:X

I am getting a spray bottle and will start spraying this evening.

I am keeping all of your suggestions. I am printing this out soI have handy to refer to and check off what doesn't work and whatdoes.

Thank you everyone.

Tina

Pesky little chipmunk!! I volunteer my services to stand guard outside Apollo's cage every night!
:gun:

bunnee mom wrote:
Pesky little chipmunk!! I volunteer my services tostand guard outside Apollo's cage every night!
:gun:

I volunteer to do this too - as long as his cage is right next to Tiny's cage here!

Peg

Hey Tina, What is that chipmunk after? Certainly not Apollo...?:shock::)

I have no idea. Sadly if that chipmunkdecided to challenge Apollo...he'd win...all he'd have to dois look at Apollo.

I haven't seen any of the chipmunks in the yard today. Which isreally weird.I hope nothing got them. I know we have coyote,bobcat and a black bear move into the area. I love watching them I justwant them on my porch.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:

I haven't seen any of the chipmunks in the yard today.Which is really weird.I hope nothing got them. I know we havecoyote, bobcat and a black bear move into the area. I love watchingthem I just want them on my porch.

Tina

So, you're saying that you don't wantchipmunks in your yard, yet you want a coyote, bobcat, and black bearon your porch?! Maybe I'm reading wrong, but it sounds alittle weird to me...

Ally

dajeti2 wrote:
I have no idea. Sadly if that chipmunk decided tochallenge Apollo...he'd win...all he'd have to do is look atApollo.

I haven't seen any of the chipmunks in the yard today. Which isreally weird.I hope nothing got them. I know we have coyote,bobcat and a black bear move into the area. I love watching them I justwant them on my porch.

Tina

You're not normal, Tina!

-Carolyn

I would love to have a coyote, bobcat, and blackbear in my back yard! Of course, I wouldn't keep my rabbits outside.And as long as the bear doesn't bring babies. That's the only time theywould really scare me. Mama bears are MEAN!

naturestee wrote:
I would love to have a coyote, bobcat, and black bear in myback yard! Of course, I wouldn't keep my rabbits outside. And as longas the bear doesn't bring babies. That's the only time they wouldreally scare me. Mama bears are MEAN!

Naturestee : this has gotto be one of the most OFF THE WALL statements Ihave read all morning , !!!!!!

why would you want 3 of the most top preditors in your yard , ??

! NOT only can a bearbe frightning when theyhave Babies THEY can also breakdown your door , walk in anddestroy everything in its path lookingfor food>

2 Bobcats : Felines , nota nice kitty kitty ,tempermental and will attack for noreason , AND NO THEY WILL NOT ALWAYS RUNAWAY. None of these 3 will always runaway

3 Coyote: omg out ranking top preditor , theyhave no qualms about killingsmall children , attacking Adults intheir own driveway , killing dogsand cats of all sizes ,OH maybe you think that windowsitting right there next to thebunnies make them safe ? thinkagain a determined Coyote, Bobcat , OrBear can and will smash rightthru it .

4. if you feel reallyadventurouse why not invite a Fisher Catin while your at it .

UNLESS you have ever had todeal with anyone of thesepreditors you have noclue just how they operate.

and as for attacking a Fullgrown Adult : Ask myHusband about the one that attackedhim while he was getting intohis truck one morning, he hasscars on his legs from all thebite wounds , OH did I forget to mentionMy Husband when attackedweighed over 200 lbs?

No the Coyote wasnt rabid ,no it wasnt hungry ,scaredetc , it was well fedit had alreay feasted oncat and a few other normal prey , Yeshe killed it and had TheWildlife Authorities do a Autopsy onit for

1 Rabies

2 Malnutrition , ( they emptied thestomach to find outwhat it waseating, hence finding the cats remains )

3 for any comunicable diseases .

So yep I would want another oneor more of them in my yard ,maybe next time it wouldntbe my husband butsomeones Child.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
We'll take shifts guarding Apollo'scage. Maybe Pebbles will chase them away!:p

Rainbows! :D
OMG.....this is the funniest bunny pic I think I've ever seen!!!:laugh: I just saved it to my computer and set it as myscreen saver, so when I'm away the attack bunny will protectit! May I ask what Pebbles was doing in this pic???I've seen Ellie yawn a couple times but she never looked like THAT! LOL

Latest posts

Back