Need help rabbit having first litter!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydaw_95

Reaction score
Hi,
Today is the 28th day of my rabbits gestation period, But she has not really made a nest in her nest box yet. I have a lot of hay in her cage to build a nest and i also put some in her nest box but all she has done is move the hay around a little bit. This is the first litter of rabbits she is going to hopefully have and it is my first litter too. So what should i do? Is it normal for them to wait this long? when should she really start making her nest? She is a holland lop.

Ok, first, breath. =) She still has time. They usually go about 31 days. Just make sure she has a nest box with lots of straw or hay and just keep an eye on her. She will probably have them at night when you are asleep and its really quiet. Congrats and good luck!

When my lionhead has an accidental pregnancy (She was missexed by the vet tech) she didn't build a nest until the day of the birth. It took a full 31 days also.

My netherland dwarf doe is on day 28 too today and there is no sign of a nest (it's her third litter):)

usually they wont kindle till day 31/32 its quite normal for them to leave it to the last minute before building the nest sometimes you will see them at certain times collecting bits of hay in their mouths and then eating it 30 mins later lol they just like practising lol so don't worry good luck and dont forget we are here if you have any more questions its so hard waiting for a litter whether its your first or 40th ;)

Latest posts

Back