Need help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeniferdwn

Reaction score
My rabbit Munchkin Joe has a big fenced in yard to play in when we are home. He has a big 2story hutch that he sleeps in and has food in. A smaller fence is around it. He has dug tunnels all over our yard. He loves it!! But I have a problem. Ants get in his food and tonight my daughter had left him a treat because she put his food and water out while he was in his tunnel. His hutch was covered in ants when I got out there. im allergic to ants and got bit several times. What can I do to keep ants out of his hutch? I can’t put any kind of pesticide down because we also have 3 chihuahuas and a lab that all play in that fence. But I can’t have ants in his hutch like that. He also has a large dog kennel that is inside when the weather is bad or raining or hot or cold. Going to get some Benadryl now!

I heard that a saucer of beer will take them out--don't know if it's true or not. You could use stake(the metal ones with bait in them) around the area--they get the bait and take it back to their colony. My blocking method is a crate anchored down so the bait is not attainable. My problem is rats and I block off the traps from 2 Great Danes.

Back