NEED HELP LETTER WRITING=STOP BUN SALES PRE EASTER & 4EVA!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea TSC sold bunnies as some cheap easter gimmick. I was there the other day buying bedding & chicken feed, and was shocked to see live animals present. I wanted to walk out of the store without my supplies, but I can't go without bedding or chicken feed. So I told the manager that I was shocked to see that his store supported encouraging the impulsive purchase of rabbits around Easter and that TSC should be ashamed. I also told him that I needed my supplies today but would be searching for a vendor that doesn't sell rabbits for future purchases, and would even pay more at another retailerwith more agreeable ethics.

If course I don't expect this to change much because the buns are already in the store. I agree fully with Peg (who btw is a VERY respectable and educated individual with a rational stance on the matter - not someone who should be demonized because "zomgz she's a breeder"). There needs to be YEAR ROUND pressure at TSC about their sales of rabbits for easter. I'm not sure when they place their orders, but something like a January 1st letter, phone, and e-mail campaign asking TSC to make their new year's resolution to STOP selling rabbits around Easter would be a cool idea.

I also think it's really important to put pressure on the store's pocket book. Perhaps if people could sign an online vow to boycott TSC until it halts easter rabbit sales, then send the link to corporate, they'd realize that the moneys lost in rabbit feed, bedding, and other supplies isn't worth the handful of rabbits each store sells for easter. Or something like that, I'm too tired for legit campaign ideas.

Anyhoo, I'll shoot 'em a letter, but I do think groups really strongly campaigning to stop this need to revise their game plan a little so that they can hopefully stop sales before the stage where rabbits are even ordered.

Latest posts

Back