Need help identifying a 2 week old kits color

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewlingcricket

Reaction score
Two weeks ago my Sable Point Marten VM LH Doe had a litter with my BEW LH Buck. They had 2 BEWs (my rabbitry' 1st---yeah!!!), 1 sable point marten-vm (blue eyes), and an adorable cutie that I just can't figure out. He is definately a VM which makes it harder...any guesses???????

12828_091237_020000000.jpg

12828_091237_020000001.jpg

12828_091237_030000002.jpg

I've been doing some looking around, and I think you guys are right that it might be an chin. It never crossed my mind as I can't find reference to chin being in either of the parents backgrounds....weird, but still very cool. I guess he/she will end up being a chin vm. (blue eyes and white feet, a real cutie though) Thanks for the help!

Mom is showing only Sable Point, Sable Point Marten VM, and BEW, dad is showing only BEW, Black, and Black VM. Really cool though, obviously it was hidden somewhere, just didn't make the pedigree. Too cool.

Okay everyone, dumb question of the day :embarrassed:What color bellies are chins supposed to have? I ask because this little guy has a white/creamy tummy. Before he started getting the crazy fur, I had thought he was going to be a vm black marten, becasue he had the light belly, black body, and a white streak down his forehead. Then as his/her fur came in the belly stayed creamy, the back paws went white, he lost the forhead stripe and ended up with the black and white pattern across his back. Based on all the pics of chinchillas I have seen, I have no doubt that he is most likely a Chinchilla, but I am trying to figure out if they have the white belly or if he is mismarked (due to the vienna gene) still learning so bare with me please.

Latest posts

Back