Need grooming advice please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyrenze

Reaction score
I have 2 buns, one of which does not sit stillduring grooming but keeps trying to bite the brush or escape. So farthe best way is to put her in the sink but she keeps trying to get outof it. Doing it on the floor outsidewith her between my legsis worse, shenips and struggles to get away fromme,which causes bothof us stress and leaves longscratches on me.If I place her on a table she tries to jumpoff as well, which is dangerous. I have tried grooming her on thebathroom floor but she keeps hiding behind me and nudging my hand inher "move the hand away or I'll remove it for you" way.

Would like to know how you guys proceed on grooming your buns. My bunis moulting now so she has to be groomed whether she likes it or not.

Do they like to be petted? You can getone of those rubber grooming mitts with nubsfrom Petco orPetsmart. Just wear the mitt and pet them. The haircomes off easily and sticks to the mitt. Keep the pettingsessions short and give them a special treat (craisin or grape) whenyou're done. (Keep the mitt away from them when you are notusing them... not a good thing for bunnies to chew on!)

Try putting them on a high table. And to hold them in place, hold the scruff of their neck. Good luck.

If i feed mine at the same time they usually sitstill, or if they are feeling energetici have to follow themaround and brush them at the same time, one hop, on brush, one hop, onebrush...:D

Lol yea, thats what I was doing in the bathroom with her. Hop brush hop brush chase chase brush chase.....

I put Toby on a kitchen chair and sit in thefloor in front of it. That way, I can bring my arms up andaround him while I'm brushing and keep him from jumpingdown. The back of the chair curves around a bit, sothat helps, too.

7-25-05008.jpg

He looks like he's in jail, doesn't he? Bless his heart!

The only bad thing is my legs start to cramp! Depending onhow long we're there, I keep having to change positions.

Laura

What a cute picture Laura.

I just sit on the floor with Pebbles in myarms. I use the Zoom Groom Brush, andhave the vacuum cleaner running :scared:with the hose near by to clean the brush and to catch allthe airborne hair.

Rainbows! :D

Hey thats a cute pic of your bun there. I'll tryout the chair and food thing. Hope she stays still long enough ! Theseare 2 of her pics in the little bathroom that I groom her in.

b3.jpg

Nooo, dont come near me, I'm warning you !

b5.jpg

Grrr, take that ! ( Thats the camera case)

* I dont know why the pics are so big even though I have already resized them. Sigh

You can't imagine the trouble she has caused inthe 10 months or so that she has been here. I'll post up herstory some day, hehe.

The petting mitt sounds like a good idea. I"ll have to try that w/my buns.

Those are some cute pics! :)

Latest posts

Back