need bunny toy idea's!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsazoo

Reaction score
ok so Jenny is the rabbit who has it all...but she is bored! she has play houses I built out of rubbermaid bins, with all kinds of dangly things hanging inside to shred and bat around and chew, she has rings and rattles and such for her to throw around and several maze havens that I rebuild for her into different super mazes every week, I have home made toys filled with hay and treats, a covered box filled with eco-bedding for her digging pleasure, ramps, jumps, you name it she has it. but..she is bored lol as evidenced by yesterday when I foundsweaters strewn all over my floor, posters ripped off my walls etc.. Jenny is HIGHLY active, she is free run and active the entire time, her prefence is for things that require work to achive, she's not a toss things around type unless she has to go through some trouble to accomplish it. I am thinking toys or structures that I can alternate with her maze haven, like rather then re-buidling it all the time, taking it down and putting something else there for her entirly.. and perhaps some "working" type toys? any idea's? lol

Try limiting what toys she has at once, basically rotate the toys. Put something new/different in once or twice a week. This way you don't have to buy a bunch of new toys and she says more engaged. Maybe even take the maze out for a few weeks and use other stuff in the mean time. It will seem like a whole new toy when she gets it back.

One thing I tried yesterday with Ginny was to put some treats in an egg carton, put hay on top and close it. It took her a while to figure it out, but I don't think it lasted too long once she opened it.

You could try poking holes in a pop bottle and putting some treats (or even pellets) in it. She would have to roll it around to get the food out. There are toys you can get like this for dogs and cats, but I would hold off on that until you know if she will use it or not.
You can also get dog toys that make them work for the food/treats.

You could also try training her to do something. Agility would be good, but I would not leave the jumps around as some rabbit like to chew them. It sounds like she would be good at it if given the chance.

King's favorite toy is a wire ball with a bell inside. It's a cat toy but I can't find them any more. His has been stepped on too many times and really needs it replaced.

I have a bunch of bottles around with treats it them, she played with then for like 2 seconds and has ignored them ever since lol and she is trained to do a number of things, weave between my legs, jump over my arms in circles, jumps in general, ramps etc.. but I work 9 hours a day and as I said she is free run, its when I am not there that she is getting bored, 9 hours is a lot of time to burn on the same things over and over lol the stuff she has I have been able to keep her occupied with just by re-aranging and substituting out the stuff she has since novemeber, I am just looking for something new I can rotate into the mix to jazz her up again.

I agree to not put all that you have out at once and rotate them! Some things I use are the collapsable tubes (I got mine at Petco). I have cardboard boxes my bunny loves to jump in and scratch at. I also have wooden boxes she likes to jump on, I have a couple of the cat balls with bells in them also. And toilet paper tubes!

:)

:yeahthat: Some of our buns favorites are a brown bag, paper towel rollers or TP rollers once all the paper is gone. Boxes with holes cut in them and boxes full of shredded newspaper. We also have a number of cat and baby toys.

My boys love TP tubes, especially stuffed with hay and a treat. They also like cardboard boxes to jump into and nibble on (just be careful it isn't sprayed with anything). I also have a cat tunnel that is too small for one rabbit but perfect for the other. They also have peeled wicker balls to roll and nibble. Their most favorite toy though is a set of plastic keys made for toddlers. They like throwing it around and grating it against the cage wall :\

Latest posts

Back