Need brush/comb suggestions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy77

Reaction score
So my Dwarf Hotots are shedding some fierce. I have tried different brushes, combs, even a damp wash cloth. So far I have around 7 different types of brushes and combs. I dont feel like I am getting everything. when I am "done" brushing them I pet them of course. then it is snowing in my house again.

So it would b great if I could get some suggestions with links or pics plz.

:pullhair:

Have you tried the Furminator? It works wonders. There are other products that are similar, but I don't know how well they work.
Plucking the loose fur can also help. You might get bald spots if the new fur is not growing in yet, so you need to be careful. I find plucking most helpful near the tail.

Well TBH i am finding it hard to even pluck them I dont see loose tuffs or anything. All it ever is, is like snow...one hair here and there but a lot of it. I will google a furminator. thx

Wouldnt that b too big for a 2 lbs Dwarf Hotot???

I have the large Fur Fiend brush,anda smallFurminator brush. Ilike theFur Fiend the best out of all the brushes (I tried many of them)on the market.The large Fur Fiend brush works faster, better, and it is cheaper retail. I can use the large brush on my Netherland Dwarf.

However, you can find good deals onFurminators on Ebay.

I know that the furminator works miracles for dogs. I work in a grooming salon, and one of the other girls has said that she uses the furminator on her rabbits and it works great. Just be a little careful that you dont press super hard because its pretty sharp and im sure that rabbit skin is more sensitive for dogs. On the dogs we dont use it in the more sensitive areas. I have a jersey wooley and he did the same thing...i brushed him every day and there was still tons of hair hehe. Might just have to wait it out!

For Flurry (new Zealand) I use the zoom groom it seems to work but I've also heard that slicker brushes (dog ones) work really well for getting lots of hair out.

I forget who it was, but someone here suggested using a lint brush. I tried it and it worked great. It was so much faster then using a brush or atleast any brush I have used. I also felt like it picked up a lot more hair.

A lint brush Huh what a crafty idea I will definitely try that.

I ordered the Furminator from Ebay. I have to admit tho I am nervous to use it I dont wanna hurt anyone with it.

Latest posts

Back