Need breed help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TogDyslexia

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I post this to ask for your help. This is lolla, a very hyper spayed female. When purchased, we were told she was a pure bread Holland lop. As you can see that's incorrect. I believe she has some lion head in her but not sure. What's your opinion on the cross breed. I ask so I can properly research and care perfectly for lolla.... And yes.. The breederer is no longer taking my calls.

Thank you!

20151218_221501.jpg

20151218_215314.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions. And sorry for posting in the wrong section. Im a form noob... Google usually always solves all.

The breed doesn't matter much regarding the care of your rabbit except if you have an angora or something, but you would know ^^. But I once had a holland lop / lionhead mix and he looked a lot like your Lolla - I saw his brother and sisters, there were 8 of them and 4 really looked like lionheads, 3 really looked like holland lop but with some long hair and mine had a very thick coat, though without really long hair, and kinda helicopter ears that he kept up quite a lot (they were a bit thicker and shorter than those of a real holland lop, I can tell now that I have a pure-bred). The funny thing was that while he was growing up he went through an "uppy-ear" phase, followed by a "floppy-ear" phase and they finally settled for a compromise ^^. He was the sweetest rabbit ever.
She's a very cute rabbit anyway, even though the breeder is clearly not trustworthy. Didn't you see the parents when you purchased Lolla?

She's moulting.
She COULD BE a purebred holland lop, just with a horrible crown. (it happens).

But does it really matter? She's a domestic rabbit, Europe based. not a hare. Care for any rabbit is the same. Good food, clean water, freedom from breezes blowing on them.

Latest posts

Back