Need bonding behaviour help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TogDyslexia

Reaction score
Hello all,

Fist time poster long time reader. I'm posting here because I have searched high and low and can not find specific help so im reaching out to you.

Me and my girlfriend have a 5 month old lop/Rex breed named lolla. I did a lot more reading and research then my significant other and have been able to train her to follow a laser pointer, come to me when iI whistle, to sit, lay and be my companion. She will never leave side.

That's the problem... I read and trained and now my gf can't interact with lolla. If she sees me, no one else matters. I can touch her in her cage but if she does lolla will bite her and defend the cage. I Acedently stole her bunny.

Does anyone have advice on how i can take a dedicated, lovable bunny and try to get her to trust and love another. I've tried all the basic trust building exercises but she has no interest in anyone but me.

Your help us greatly appreciated... The look in her eyes when lolla runs and bunny kisses me when she can barely touch her haunts my dreams haha.

Perhaps she is reaching puberty and had fallen in love with you. With our first rabbit (a female), she fell in love with my husband before we got her spayed. When he was around she pretty much ignored me. After her spay she calmed down and eventually we got her a same species boyfriend to love. Hopefully it's just hormones haha.

Same thing happened with my little girl as I bought her from a pet store when she was a baby. I was mostly the only one who interacted with her, and she chose me as her "mate" and used to run circles around me and give tons of kisses. She would tolerate the rest of my family but you could tell she had a favorite. I agree with stevesmum in that spaying will definitely calm down those raging bunny hormones I'm sure she has rushing through her right now. Once she has recovered from the spay she will be easier to bond with and will be more accepting of other humans who want to love on her. Good luck! She will come around, don't worry :)

Latest posts

Back