need advise on salt?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipflopsmom

Reaction score
Ihave2 questions...

Doesa bunny the age if 9 weeks old need a saltring?if so which one should i give flipflop? theplain salt one or the one with the minerals in it?

What kind of hay should i be feeding her? Iam using alfalfa is thisbad for her?

thanks

flipflopsmom

Hi FlipFlopsMom,

A good rabbit pellet, one of at least 18% crude fiber usually purchasedfrom a feed store or breeder, provides all the ingredients your littleone needs. A good pellet, such as Buckeye, Ox Bow, Heinold, Purina,Blue Seal and most purchased from a feed store, has the enough salt init to balance your rabbit's diet.

Salt rings often go unused and rust the cage.

I use Timothy Hay. Alfalfa is high in calories, calcium, and protein.It's okay for young bunnies, but you should read about the differenceof hays.

There's a post called "A Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care" on this page. Inthere, there's a website about hay. You might want to check it out.

-Carolyn

I give my buns Timothy hay, which isn't as highin protein or calcium and Alfalfa hay. As I don't breed my rabbits,they dont need as much protein or calcium. I believe Alfalfais the highest in calories.

Thanks, Carolyn

We have good feed, so i guess she is off to a good start!

She has quickley become the baby of our family we only had her for 4days nowandwe treat her like a newbornbabyso she has just about everything we couldbuyfor her.lol

She may be a baby now, but she'll grow to be The Queen, Flipflopsmom.

:dude:

Check out that post I mentioned above. Hope it's of use to you.

-Carolyn

I dont even think my rabbits use the salt ring at all!! Unless they are just playing with it!

Latest posts

Back