Need Advice to Keep Bun Comfy..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Pink seems to have turned uncomfy again this evening; I plan to get him back to the vet on Monday. (We have a wedding to attend tomorrow and will be in MI to visit family on Sunday; so I need to do some things to keep him as comfy as possible.)

He's been drinking a ton of water the past two days'; despite that, is it okay to give him one dose of sub-Qs before Monday? He'sresting in his box more than normal.

We'll give him at least two more doses of Simethicone tonight (he got one earlier), and I plan to give him Metacam through the weekend, as well.

Thank you,

Jenk

i dont no what you mean by uncomfy.. is he sick/arthritus..???

get some i to check on him/her every 4hours....

give him water hay, food, a treat maybe.....n

give him a hot water bottle if its his ummy sore. find a friend who noes about bunnys, or lives near u........

and ring the person aswell, (but i guess u would any way:biggrin2:)

hope this helps.......

He had what seemed to be a sudden gas/stasis (bloat?) attackthis past Sunday; he's still somewhat recuperating (I think, anyway).

Unfortunately, I haven't any rabbit-savvy friends nearby who can check on him.

He's acting normally this morning;I think that he'll be okay without Metacam for the time that we'll be gone today (maybe 6-7 hours', tops).

I'll again gauge his behavior/appetite/thirst tonight and early tomorrow morning before we leave for MI.

ask ur neighbour, ANY ONE can see if an animals seems ok, or an bunny boreding, just to see how he is, ask the neighbour.....and do what i said earlier...:biggrin2:

just be careful, my bunny had bloat and seemed to be getting better really better then in 1 hour he was gone, :(

I know you had a busy weekend with the wedding and all. How is Pink doing? I would just keep giving Simethicone and push hay and water. Keep us posted though!;)

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I know you had a busy weekend with the wedding and all. How is Pink doing? I would just keep giving Simethicone and push hay and water. Keep us posted though!;)
I've fed him hay/greens only since Friday. His gut's still overly loud/gurgly (IMO), but his activity level/appetite/thirst/output are all good.

I must be certifiably insane, but I'm taking him back to the vet today for more tests (likely blood work and a lab-run fecal culture). I'm considering x-rays, too, since he's always been very loud (digestivewise) since I started converting him to timothy-based pellets. Granted, it's unlikely that anything odd will be found since: 1) he's acting normally, and 2) it's me we're talking about....

:?

Now Emma's going through stasis again. (She didn't touch her hay or water while we were out all day yesterday.) SoI gave her Simethicone, sub-Qs and Metacam last night; she'sat least eating some hay (and her greens) today. But her fecals were very tiny last night....God, help me....

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
How's Pink doing, Jenk? I'm worrying here. Let us know when you can.;)
Behaviorwise, he seems good this morning. He was "out of it" all last night after being sedated for his x-rays. (For the first time ever, he let me cradle him like a baby and even fell asleep/started dreaming.I think hewould've stayed that way all night, if I'd let him.)

I'm waiting on blood work and fecal culture results. The x-rays show a small white spot that's apparently an object moving through his digestive tract. We're not sure what it is. I have only two suggestions: either a small piece of carpet (though doubtful because he wasn't a huge carpet chewer), or a piece of a willow-ring chew toy. There's not a gas halo around it, so the vet thinks that it's just making its way through the digestive tract without issue. But she suggested that we take one more lateral x-ray sometime next week to see if it's moved farther along (or has "disappeared" altogether, if you catch my drift ;)).

Jenk

Latest posts

Back